|Surface Capacity 1800||Surface Capacity 900||Underground|
|The Digishot Plus electronic detonator system is geared for application at medium to large mines where large blasting and remote firing capabilities are required.
|The Digishot electronic detonator system is geared for application at smaller mines and quarries, where small to medium sized blasting capabilities are required.
|The QuickShot Network is geared for mines looking for centralised blasting in underground applications.|
The future of Mining with Electronics
About electronic detonators
AEL Mining Services is a pioneer and leader in development and manufacturing of global cutting-edge electronic detonators. This new concept in initiation technology is set to transform the future of mining. AEL’s electronic detonator systems are robust, efficient and suitable for rugged applications in tunnelling shaft sinking, underground stoping, quarrying and opencast mining environments.
AEL’s offering of electronic detonators is conceptualised, designed, manufactured, delivered, supported and maintained by specialised divisions in the group. This leaves AEL in an unique position, providing both solid and reliable systems, as well as all the services around the product to ensure complete peace of mind for its customers.
Electronic detonators are considered leading technology in the marketplace and AEL has demonstrated its internal Research & Development prowess with the ongoing development of electronic detonators, which have been well received in the industry.
BenefitsElectronic detonators’ adoption globally has allowed for numerous benefits experienced by customers across many underground and surface mining sectors, which include Donkerhoek Quarry, Gautrain Rapid Rail Project, Coedmore Quarry, Nkomati Nickel Mine and Thabazimbi mine, to name a few. These benefits include:
- Accuracy of firing times coupled with ability to programme any detonator
- Any delay in milliseconds increments allows for endless opportunities to progress the art of blasting
- Control of out of sequence blasting and a reduction in the charge mass per delay
- Precision and timing flexibility of electronics enables a more uniform muck pile
- Increased uniformity reduces the amount of fines and oversize material, resulting in reductions in handling costs, secondary breakage cost and improves overall efficiencies
- Reduced impact on the environment
- Increased loader productivity
- Increased crusher throughput
- Shorter cycle times
- Improved floor conditions
- Less wear on crusher cone
- Improved and consistent Fragmentation
- Controlled muckpile profile and placement
- Excavation profile and stability improvements
- Reduced safety risks
To find out more about AEL electronic blasting solutions for your specific application, complete the email form Or contact Carlos Goncalves telephone number +2711 606 0422